Thursday 19 January 2012

Oleku

Oleku....i don't mean the song by Ice prince, rather the style; OLEKU.
HISTORY:
the history of the trend can be traced to the early seventies in the south-wetsern part of Nigeria. The yoruba traditional wear of iro and buba was re-invented and re-styled into a shorter and more stylish version.
PRESENT:
there are so many recreations of Oleku but my best so far is one made by Bola Obileye (seriously dougnuts blogger and stylist behind Tote).
I love the chiffon trimming!
revamped buba
what do you think of this?
will you try it?

2 comments:

  1. Yes i would try it! I love it! pls can you send me your email address. Mine is daphne.akatugba@yahoo.com i want to show you some photos of my products, SEGI's

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolateshananas@yahoo.com, I'm eager to see them.

    ReplyDelete